Who Are We?
Our Privacy Promise
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. Any of your personal details will only be used by JURA and our carefully selected third party partners to ensure that we deliver an excellent service to you, and to process and deliver your order and maintain your account with us.
As is the case with many large and high profile organisations, communications by telephone may be recorded for the purposes of monitoring our customer service standards, training and for security purposes.
How Do We Use Your Information?
JURA is a registered data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used to:
- Process your order and communicate with you about the goods or services you have ordered from us (your details may be passed on to a third party for them to supply or deliver products you have ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details (including your credit/debit card information) for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- Update our records and maintain your account with us.
- Recommend offers and merchandise that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Improve the content and appearance of our website or catalogues, to ensure that content from our website and our catalogues are presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Comply with our legal requirements.
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- With a view to understanding our customer's needs better, we will, with your permission, retain the information you have provided us and the details of any purchases you have made to enable us to offer products and services that are likely to be of interest to you.
- If you have indicated that you would like us to, we may also pass your information onto other companies in the JURA group, or carefully selected third parties who may inform you about their products and services which may be of interest to you.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
How We Collect Your Information?
- We may collect and process your information as follows:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website for transactional, employment or any other purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site or when telephoning us and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal details to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If JURA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal details held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Most of the cookies used on the website are "session cookies", which will be automatically deleted after your visit.
Most web browsers accept cookies automatically. If you would prefer not to communicate this information with JURA, you can change your browser settings. JURA does not warrant that all content on the website will be functional if you change your browser settings.
Use of Facebook social plugins
JURA's Website uses social plugins from the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). The plugins are identified by a Facebook logo or the words "Facebook Social Plugin".
When you access a web page containing one of these plugins, your browser connects directly with the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transferred from Facebook directly to your browser, which will automatically incorporate this content into the webpage.
By using plugins, Facebook can see that you have accessed a particular page on JURA's Website. If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook will be able to link your visit to the JURA Website to your Facebook account, even if you have not pressed the "Like" button. If you interact with the plugins, for example by pressing the "Like" button or leaving a comment, the relevant information is sent from your browser directly to Facebook.
Even if you do not have a Facebook account, Facebook is able to collect data about you (including your IP address). Please refer to the Facebook data protection notices for the purpose and scope of data capture, further data processing and use of data by Facebook and your rights and options for protecting your privacy.
If you do not want Facebook to collect data about you when you visit JURA's Website, you will need to log out of your Facebook account prior to accessing the JURA Website.
You can also use add-ons to install plugin blockers for your browser.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how visitors use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to Google and stored on servers in the United States. In case of activation of the IP anonymization on this website, Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA.
If your browser (eg. on your smartphone) does not support the above mentioned add-on from Google, you can disable Google’s Analytics cookies by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when useing this website: Disable Google Analytics
Keeping In Touch With JURA And Your Rights
At JURA we want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to this site. If you decide you do not wish to be contacted by us, you can request that we stop using your information and that we stop mailing information to you, by writing to the Customer Services Department, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry, at Customer Hotline Team, JURA Products Ltd., Vivary Mill, Vivary Way, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 9NW or by emailing us email@example.com and informing us so.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, each email we send contains a simple, automated way for you to request that we stop. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email or please call our dedicated JURA Hotline Team who will be more than happy to help you. You may continue to receive mailings which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your request is being processed.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Security of our website is of utmost importance to us. Our site uses software to provide high level SSL encryption technology. There are two simple ways to check if a page on our website is secure; firstly a small padlock sign will appear in the bottom bar of your browser and the 'http' will be replaced with 'https' at the front of harrods.com in the browser address window. Although we use advanced security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse and alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the internet, we cannot make absolute guarantees over the security of the information you provide over the internet and as such we cannot be held responsible for it.
Please note that email correspondence is free format text and cannot be encrypted, therefore it is not a secure means of communication.
We will never contact you by email to ask you to send or confirm any of your personal details, if we need any information of this nature we will only contact you by telephone.
Never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Where We Store Your Information
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Security and Privacy are welcomed and should be addressed to Customer Services Department, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry, at Hotline Team, JURA Products Ltd., Vivary Mill, Vivary Way, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 9NW, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.